Hey there! It’s been a while, hasn’t it?
My last update on here dates back to November 14th, about halfway through this year’s Vegan MoFo. What can I say? Things got really busy, and while I did manage to post a little something on Instagram most days throughout the second half of November, I just didn’t have enough time to update the blog until today. Sorry about that.
Now that it’s December and I’m a little less busy, I thought I’d do a recap of my Vegan MoFo 2016 posts, both Instagram- and blog-wise. You know, for posterity. So, here we go.
- On November 1st, I wrote about my favorite food of all time, AKA pasta.
- On November 2nd, I told everyone about my go-to “impress me” meal.
- On the 3rd, I shared one of my go-to lunches on Instagram.
- On the 4th, I made a list of my eight favorite restaurants in Montreal.
- On the 5th, I talked about some leftover Halloween snacks.
- On the 6th, I shared my vegetable soup recipe on the blog.
- On the 7th, I made banana cranberry muffins, which were slightly adapted from this recipe.
- I skipped Day 8.
- On November 9th, I made Miyoko Schinner’s Japanese Curry Rice, from her book Japanese Cooking: Contemporary & Traditional, and I cried about the election.
- On the 10th, I posted a picture of some tasty food my partner made a little while back.
- The next day, I wrote the cheesiest MoFo post ever about his cuisine and shared some post-election feelings.
- On the 12th, I posted a boring picture of my boring breakfast.
- On the 13th, I instagrammed some brunch drinks.
- On the 14th, I shared my favorite green smoothie recipe.
- On the 15th, things got a lil’ fancy.
- On the 16th, things got a lil’ brunchy.
- I skipped Day 17.
- On November 18th, I reached peak laziness.
- On the 19th, I chickened out of the goth theme.
- On the 20th, I was the most original vegan ever.
- On the 21st, I got nostalgic about DC food.
- I skipped Day 22.
- November 23rd was all about carbs.
- The last weekend of November is kind of a blur. I graded a lot of tests and watched the first episode of the Gilmore girls revival (I didn’t care for it).
- On the 26th, I realized that I really need more vegan cookbooks.
- On the 27th, I remembered I used to hate avocados.
- I didn’t post anything on the 28th.
- On the 29th, I got all nostalgic (again) about some fantastic ramen from a couple of weeks prior.
- And on the 30th, I got even more nostalgic, this time about summer fruit.
Phew! I can’t believe I managed to post something almost every day for a month. It was a bit stressful at times, but still a lot of fun! I might even do it again next year. Until then, I’ll be resuming my regular (AKA sporadic) posting schedule on here. Talk to you soon!